Sunday 10 July 2016

Finish Along 2016 Q3

Finish Along 2016 Q3 List      #FALQ3weekendtextiles

1 ~  Naked dog still naked


2 ~  Voile Quilt - Change of plan from Q2 list - Hopefully this voile fabric will become Emerging Stars Pattern from Material Obsession. Another change of pattern - Vintage Spin from Adding Layers by  Kathy Doughty - instead of wedges I have drafted a foundation paper piecing pattern to hold the slippery voile in place.  I have completed a test block and it is still so so slippery so I have been using a glue pen to stick the voile to the paper after each trim.


3 & 4 ~   Scrap Spiders (Free Amy Gibson pattern on Craftsy Block of the Month) has progressed to a nearly finished top along with an Anna Maria Horner chevron top which needs some borders


5 ~  Gypsy Kisses - piecing is coming along nicely (Pattern from Material Obsession Two)


6 & 7 ~   Two baby quilts - Baby Star and Baby Flying Geese (I drafted the geese block)




8 ~    Ever increasing pile of garments to be sewn


9 ~   Lonestar has progressed to FMQ (I used the pattern by Jo Avery in Quilt Now.



10 ~   FAL list staple Summersville HST Quilt - still unfinished.




11 ~    Grey Plus Quilt also lying neglected



12 &13 ~ Red and Blue Stars - Two quilts- 12 X 13 1/2" blocks of each colour way.  (Pattern Starlight Express by Lynne Edwards)





I have finished three from Q2 list and added three quilts and a few garments during Q2.


************* I hope everyone has an enjoyable sewing filled summer ***************

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so many beautiful projects. I am a bit awed by your 'Lone Star' as I do not have the confidence yet to attempt one myself. I also enjoy your fabrics immensely, the colours are right down my alley. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a challenging list going on - but some lovely projects so good luck! On behalf of the FAL team, thanks for sewing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list you have here - and so many lovely projects to chose from. Good luck!! Abigail from UKTQB

    ReplyDelete